Archive

Permitted Development from B1 Offices to C3 Residential to create 24 apartments and 2 town houses Cowan Architects secured a first with the ‘Prior Approval’ for the conversion of a 2,025 sq.m. office building, Phoenix House in East Grinstead, West Sussex,...

In order to facilitate the company’s continued growth, the practice purchased Old Stone House in August 2014. Built in 1630 as an extension to Clarendon House – previously The George Inn; Old Stone House was used as lodgings for the Assize...

The Nyetimber Estate is the largest vineyard in the UK, with 438 acres under vine, and it is the only one to produce premium sparkling wine exclusively from estate-grown fruit. Their headquarters are in West Chiltington and Cowan Architects were...

Cowan Architects was commissioned to develop proposals for the redevelopment of Slinfold Golf Club with the aim of securing the long-term viability of club by adding function and conference facilities along with overnight accommodation and a new state-of-the-art golf academy. Using...

Philpot’s Lodge is a substantial new-build four bedroom replacement dwelling measuring approximately 330m2 in floor area. The site borders on the West Hoathly Conservation Area and is within the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) meaning that the design...

The practice was commissioned by the owners of Little Keynes to design a new environmentally conscious four-bedroomed house on a plot of land measuring approximately 1.5 acres adjacent to the main residence. From the start it was clear that the overriding...